- a small casserole with a lid
- tin foil
- a shallow roasting tin
For the lamb:
- 1 small onion , halved and sliced
- 2 carrots , diced
- 1 lemon , juiced
- 350 g lamb neck fillets, cut into small chunks
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ small bunch oregano , plus a little to finish
- 2 garlic cloves , bashed
- 4 tomatoes , roughly chopped
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 100 grams feta cheese , crumbled (this is added at the very end)
For the lemon roast potatoes:
- 700 grams potatoes , peeled and cut into small chunks
- groundnut oil
- ½ lemon , zested
- Maldon salt
- Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- Put all the lamb ingredients except for the feta in a small casserole with a lid. Toss everything then season well.
- Put a double sheet of foil between the pot and lid then put the lid on and scrunch the foil around the pot to make an airtight seal.
- Cook for 1 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile cook the potatoes in boiling salty water until just tender then drain well.
- After 1 1/2 hours turn up the heat to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6 and take off the lid and foil.
- Put a shallow roasting tin in the oven with 2 tbsp oil for 5 minutes to heat up.
- Add the potatoes and toss in the hot oil.
- Keep cooking the lamb and potatoes for another 30 minutes until the potatoes are golden and crisp (take out the lamb after 30 minutes and keep cooking the potatoes if needed).
- To finish, sprinkle the lamb with the feta and a little more oregano.
- Toss the crispy potatoes with the lemon zest and sea salt and serve with the lamb.